This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Own capital introduced

rchwha
Own capital introduced

Postby rchwha » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:11 pm

I set up a Ltd company 17 years ago using own tax paid capital, I recall at the time my accountant mentioned that the capital would be like a loan to the company so i assume that meant it would not be subjected to tax again if i chose to close the company in the future.
Unfortunately i do not still have a copy of the very first year end accounts which showed "own capital introduced". Now after 17 years Is there any way to establish that this original capital was a personal loan to the company ?

RMC

Re: Own capital introduced

Postby RMC » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:35 am

Check the Creditors section of your accounts for Director’s Loan Account or, if you are not a director, for loan in your name.
In case of a director the balance would have very likely changed beyond recognition over the years – your salary, dividends and expenses paid personally having been credited and personal expenses and drawings debited to the original account.

Return to “Company Taxation”