This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

VAT on exports to non-EU countries

sillycrab
VAT on exports to non-EU countries

Postby sillycrab » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Hi all,

I really need some advice on VAT issues related to exported goods to non-EU countries.
This is the first year of the business. I purchase luxury designer fashion items from UK and other EU countries and sell to private customers in Asia.
As I export 100% outside the UK , I would like to know :
1. If I am entitled to reclaim acquisition VAT / input VAT for the goods I purchase for resale ?
2. For some goods that are purchased from online retailer, can I reclaim VAT?
3. If i register VAT voluntarily but my turnover is below threshold, is it possible HMRC at some point de-register me?

I appreciate all helpful advice :)

RMC

Re: VAT on exports to non-EU countries

Postby RMC » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:00 am

1. – 2. If you register for VAT, you will be able to reclaim input VAT on goods and services supplied to you, provided VAT was charged i.e. you have a valid VAT invoice.
3. If you trade under VAT registration limit, you can apply to HMRC to cancel your registration. HMRC would not de-register on their own accord.

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”