This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

What would be the Alternative of P45

akshay
What would be the Alternative of P45

Postby akshay » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:39 am

Hi,
I recently switch my job and ask my last employer to issue me a P45 before leaving but he said he will post it to me whenever he will receive P45 from HMRC. I was not on any contract while working for my last employer and my income was not taxable as well.
My question is;
1) how long HMRC takes to issue P45 to the last employer?
2) If the last employer does not issue me a P45, what would be an alternative for me other than P45? Will it be a starter check list or P46 what my new employer need to fill on my behalf and send it to HMRC or there is some other alternative?

Please if someone can reply, it is very urgent. It is about a month I have shifted my job and nothing is coming up from my last employer.
Please help me..

Regards,
Akshay

Personal information removed by moderator

RMC

Re: What would be the Alternative of P45

Postby RMC » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:56 pm

If you were an employee, you should have received payslips and your last payslip would show P45 information.

You say that your wages wages were not taxable - do you mean that no tax / NIC was deducted because you were treated as self-employed? In which case you should have registered as sepf-employed and file tax returns.

Or were you an employee but your employer failed to deduct tax and issue payslips? In this case best to seek professional help, perhaps at a CAB.

Return to “Income Tax”