This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

CGT + Stamp + Early mortgage repayment

tarpitman
CGT + Stamp + Early mortgage repayment

Postby tarpitman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:53 am

Hi

I have found myself in a lucky position where I have enough funds to buy a property I have seen outright.

The 3 issues I have are with regards to Capital Gains Tax, Increased stamp duty on second home & Early mortgage repayment fees. My current mortgage deal ends in a year, so I would like to avoid paying early repayment fees.

Would I be correct in assuming, that if I purchase the second property and refurbish it whilst living in the first property, and I sell the first property within 18 months, I will not pay any CGT and will be able to claim back the increased stamp duty ?

Thanks in advance

Return to “Property Taxation”