This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax Return FIling

Sterren
Tax Return FIling

Postby Sterren » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:59 am

I have asked a similar question before but as the situation has changed slightly, posting with amendments:

As an international student in the UK, I had a UK bank account. My bank has said that I can keep using this bank account despite exit from the UK.As an international student, I did not file any tax returns as I was either getting a fully paid bursary for studies from the uni, was self-financed and/or any part-time jobs I was doing were taxed through the PAYE scheme.

I pay tax on my worldly income where I currently live. In general, the only thing I use the UK account for is to manage credit card payments or international trips. I transfer a little bit of money to the account to pay the monthly credit cad fees or any expenses I may have while travelling. I do NOT receive any interest on any balance on my account (had given this in writing to the bank ages ago). However, recently I did some work in another country for which I have received income in the UK bank account (around 100 pounds). Due to this, do I now need to file an income tax return in the UK or am I ok declaring this in my global income where I currently live?

I am asking this from the UK taxation requirement' perspective.

Regards!

AmanSood

Re: Tax Return FIling

Postby AmanSood » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:52 am

There should be no UK tax reporting/filing requirements as the income is not UK sourced/UK related. You should simply declare the income in the country in which you live where you are tax resident.
Advising on UK employment, expatriate and personal taxes
aman.sood@e-taxconsulting.com.
+44 (0) 207 846 0155

susandan82

Postby susandan82 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:43 pm

in the my point of view By filing your tax return, you declare how much income you earned during the year, the deductions you claimed and the tax you paid.

Sterren

Postby Sterren » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:44 pm

Thank you guys! I realized I forgot to post a thank you note. I take it then I don't need to file any tax return in the UK.

Return to “International Tax”