This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax return

Fiah1970
Tax return

Postby Fiah1970 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:47 am

Good morning all and thank you in advance.

I need to submit my tax return this year. I am self employed carer and earn approx £32,000.00 a year. My personal allowance is £13,500....and if anyone could help me I would be really grateful as I am hoping to remortgage later next year also. I was wandering if I should get an accountant to help me? or do myself. The majority of my wages are paid into my bank account as I send invoices to my clients and a handful pay cash in hand as they find it easier as they are very elderly.

I have all the history of payments so if anyone could help I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

SteLacca

Re: Tax return

Postby SteLacca » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:31 pm

It's probably not the best idea to ask on a forum for assistance where no formal engagement, PI etc. will be in place. You could end up with someone with no qualifications, and against who you have no recourse in the event of it all going pear shaped.

Find a local accountant. If it's fairly straightforward it shouldn't be that expensive, and at least you will have some protection of your own position.

Fiah1970

Re: Tax return

Postby Fiah1970 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:59 pm

Thank you for the sound and sensible advice.

Return to “Income Tax”