This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

NICs changes

FrancoB
NICs changes

Postby FrancoB » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:11 pm

In light of the various recent changes to NICs and averaging rules, I've been asked if Class 2s are still discluded for previous years for farmer's averaging purposes. The farmer in question made a loss in 15/16 and opted not to pay voluntary Class 2s due to Class 3 credits. In 16/17 she did better, taking her average across the two years over the Class 2 threshold. I've not heard of any such changes, so I'm guessing it's still just tax and Class 4s that figure in the 15/16 adjustment. Anyone else know better?

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”