This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

overpayment of ESA and Self assessment Tax Return

BEARWOLF
overpayment of ESA and Self assessment Tax Return

Postby BEARWOLF » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Hello, I wonder if you could help me please.
If an overpayment of ESA was made but the original amount was included on last yrs tax return, and now paying back overpayment every month set amount, how do you fill out your return this year, do you fill it as normal but include a letter explaining what has happened? Be very grateful for any clues as to what to do please.

AmanSood

Re: overpayment of ESA and Self assessment Tax Return

Postby AmanSood » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:36 pm

As the overpayment for the prior year is being repaid, I would simply fill it in as normal and no need for a letter. You could make a comment in the white space of the return though explaining the position.
Advising on UK employment, expatriate and personal taxes
aman.sood@e-taxconsulting.com.
+44 (0) 207 846 0155

BEARWOLF

Re: overpayment of ESA and Self assessment Tax Return

Postby BEARWOLF » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:22 am

Thank you very much for your help :) .

Return to “Income Tax”