This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Capital Gains Help Please

maths
Re: Capital Gains Help Please

Postby maths » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:53 pm

1) Are you please able to clarify why you have used the calculations you have for each share trade, sorry to be a pain, but this would really help me out.
The legislation lays down the rules I have used stating for any sale with which shares they should be matched.
2) Would all the shares purchased go into the Section 104 holding or not all of them and why?
No. After matching a share sale with same day purchases, then purchases within the following 30 days any unmatched part of the sale is then matched will all other shares which are contained in the 104 pool.
3) Do you have any guidance on how to calculate a gain or loss, under each rule, same day, bed and breakfasting and the section 104 holding?
I gave an example in my posting.

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”