This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

JUst learnt AIM share worthless

Ashridge
JUst learnt AIM share worthless

Postby Ashridge » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:19 am

Been waiting for a share to be declared of Negligible Value on HMRC list as it ceased trading and went into insolvency.

Just learnt that it was declared insolvent and it appears the last Administrators report was made in August 2010. This said no return to shareholders.

Because it was an AIM share it was never added to the HMRC list ... and no assets being returned to shareholders so never received any notification of the insolvency completion - so my questions today are:

a) Am I too late to register a claim for a capital gains loss - given I've only just found out and there was no obvious way of knowing earlier?

b) Technically, when did the asset cease to exist at the point or become of zero value? When it went into administration? When they declared no chance of a return to shareholders or ... when?

Thanks in advance

PS I have no gains to offset against this but would ideally like to register the loss against future gains to be declared - as and when I sell AIM or full LSE shares etc.

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”