This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

living with partner ,want sell previous home.

keith

Postby keith » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:35 am

I am on a low income,work part-time and partner is unemployed.My previous home i want to sell (i currently have tenants til the end of september).The mortgage is £30,000 and the house is worth £120,000 ,am i liable to pay tax ?Keith

Neale

Postby Neale » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:59 pm

Keith, if it was you main and only residence, probably not, when did you move out?

keith

Postby keith » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:20 am

sorry my mistake,this is my girlfriends house,she moved in with me nearly 3years ago and has rented outthe said property,the rent pays the mortgage.The house was her main and only residence,and she does not pay tax on her part-time income
plus i am unemployed at present
many thanks
Keith

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”