This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Declaring income from previous years

rajdaya

Postby rajdaya » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:07 am

being unaware that I had to declare income below £7100 as I had mistaken this for something else, I have recieved income for the last ten years.

Income around £60,000, there have been various maintenance costs etc which equate to around £15,000 and also interest payments on the mortage at around £20,000.

I want to declare it as I have recived a tax return for year 2002-2003, for the first time.

What are my options and how do i go about it!

Taxbar

Postby Taxbar » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:36 am

Dear rajdaya,

this is a serious matter and you need to have a professional negotiate for you with the Inland Revenue.

Before that can happen they need to get all the information from you and prepared accounts etc for the source of your income.

Then, an experienced adviser will try and get the Inland Revenue to reduce the penalties and interest on your failure to declare to a minimum.

If you come to them its normally taken into account.

Daniel Feingold

Return to “Property Taxation”