This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

what abbreviations mean on my pay slip....

London_student

Postby London_student » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:48 pm

Hey guys, just wondering about 2 things:

firstly my holiday credit, how is this paid and calculated? for example, if the number is 1.50 what does this mean? does this mean I get an extra £1.50 with my pay? secondly what is Employee NIC? I'm guessing this has something to do with the comission i'm paid, but why am I taxed on it 100 percent? is this the same as Emplyoers NI and NI YTD?

Thanx

jpcentral

Postby jpcentral » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:06 pm

Employee NIC = Employee National Insurance Contribution (the amount deducted from your wages/salary in respect of national insurance - your contribution to NHS, Benefits, Pension etc)

Employers NI = Employers National Insurance (your employers contribution to the National Insurance pot)

NI YTD = National Insurance Year to Date (the amount of NI contribution for the tax year to date.

Not sure what Holiday Credit means. Could be a company specific method of showing you how much holiday you have accrued. You will need to ask your employer about this.

John Perry
Central Business Services
Loughborough
www.centralbusiness.co.uk
John Perry
Central Business Services
Loughborough
http://www.centralbusiness.co.uk

Läuz

Re: what abbreviations mean on my pay slip....

Postby Läuz » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:10 pm

Hello all,

I have found a good page for understanding your payslip-

http://www.ceridian.co.uk/hr/nav/payrol ... 86,00.html

cheers

Läuz

Return to “Income Tax”