This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

PPR Calculation - Part Months - examples

landlord1234
PPR Calculation - Part Months - examples

Postby landlord1234 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:27 pm

I have been researching PPR , and believe I understand the principles.

However, all the examples relate to very neat cases where someone owns the property for a whole number of months, and is claiming PPR for a whole number of months.

I cannot find any real world examples where things happen in part months.

So, let's say the the property is owned for 130 months and 16 days , and PPR is claimed for 26 months an 12 days ( plus 18 months )

Do you , round up, round down , or calculate in days not months ?

I'm not looking for any maths help here , i'm comfortable with the arithmetic, but can't see any advice on whether to round up , down or whatever.

I've run my example with various options and it doesn't make a huge difference to final sum, but would like to use best practice.

Peter D

Re: PPR Calculation - Part Months - examples

Postby Peter D » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:06 pm

You can calculate the PPR in whole days. Regards Peter

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”