This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Rental income tax with multiple owners

ingrassia
Rental income tax with multiple owners

Postby ingrassia » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi Guys!

First time I post here, I am a newbe!

I need your advice. Me and my family purchased a property 10 years ago. 3 people family members on the dead, myself, my sister and my granmother, but only 2 beneficiaries: me and sister. My granny agreed with us that as she is on low pension she does not (and cannot) bare any burden of mortgage and is not interested in the property.

Now recently the property was converted into flats and this year we made a profit and want to declare tax income, but ofcourse this income has only been received by my sister and me.

What do we need to do in order to declare tax properly? I declaration of trust which states the above agreement?

Let me know!

ingrassia

Re: Rental income tax with multiple owners

Postby ingrassia » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Specifically can we have a declaration of trust which states what was our agreement at the point of sale? Or will the agreement be valid only at the date at which we signed it?

Paradox is that as my sister and I are higher tax payer we are effectively trying our best to pay tax only on our codes hence increasing our tax bill as opposed to most questions on the forum to decrease :)

Let me know!

Return to “Property Taxation”