This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Self assessment

Victoriaart
Self assessment

Postby Victoriaart » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:45 pm

I run a small business alongside my regular job. Most of my custom comes from my Facebook page. My question is- do I need to send invoices to customers? I have always messaged them with the price and ways they can pay, not an invoice as such, just a message with the details included. I have all my other records- names dates and prices that each one of my customers have paid, receipts for expenses, bank statements, PayPal statements etc etc, everything is written down. I'm just incredibly worriedv that if the tax man were ever to investigate would I be in trouble for having not sent them to the customer even though I have all the info. Thank you in advance.

pawncob

Re: Self assessment

Postby pawncob » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:37 pm

I'd recommend sending an invoice to the customer and keeping a copy yourself as it's part of the primary records, but it's not essential. Copies of emails will provide the same information.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Victoriaart

Re: Self assessment

Postby Victoriaart » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:06 pm

Thanks so much. I run this business alongside a full time job so there's more info to fill in too I want to do everything correctly!

Return to “General”