This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Sole trader and OWR HELP please

youndor
Re: Sole trader and OWR HELP please

Postby youndor » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:07 am

Thank you,

I now have read things how they are supposed to I believe and I believe you are right.

Except if wholly conducted out of the UK... if I'm right.

Now the question is : is my French activity considered as a different one to my English activity (like 2 separate activities) and not an English resident dentist working in France?
An English dentist cannot work in France, he has to create another sole trader in France, by registering to the French council, have a separate professional insurance etc...

It could be argued that my French activity is separate and wholly conducted out of the UK, thus the income could be subject to the remittance basis...

It doesn't really change much for me as the income with the charges removed (rent eurostar meals) is not much higher than the allowances I'd loose, but I find the question interesting and would appreciate your insight.

Thanks again,

youndor

Re: Sole trader and OWR HELP please

Postby youndor » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:09 am

Also I note this remittance basis not applied to traders and professionals is very unfair...

Return to “International Tax”