This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax Savings on Additional Business Earnings

imation144
Tax Savings on Additional Business Earnings

Postby imation144 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:22 pm

I recently opened my own business (a limited company) whilst working in full-time employment.

However, since I earn £65K (from my full-time job) any additional income I make via my new business will get taxed at the higher tax rate (40%). My SO is also partnered in the business (on a salary of £70K).

Are there any legal approaches to save on the amount of tax I pay on the business earnings? Business earnings for this tax year will not exceed £50K (if that information helps).

So far I've found out I save £10K tax free (£5K per business partner - my SO is also partnered in the business, which is paid into our ISAs).

Any other tax savings / advice would be most appreciated.

Return to “Business Tax”