This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Ticket Sales

Mike4
Ticket Sales

Postby Mike4 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:15 pm

Forgetting the moral questions, can anyone point me in the direction of information on buying and selling event tickets?

I have another full time job but on the side I've been buying tickets and selling them on sites such as Stubhub. I've seen something which suggests I won't have to pay income tax or national insurance as long as my yearly turnover is below £81,000. However I can't find much info on this. I've never been self employed so have very little knowledge on this sort of thing.

Thanks in advance.

Peter D

Re: Ticket Sales

Postby Peter D » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:16 pm

"turnover is below £81,000. " where did you read that. Regards Peter

Mike4

Re: Ticket Sales

Postby Mike4 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:12 pm

On the gov website. Think it may have been for VAT. So I'm guessing I should register myself as self employed and declare the earnings I make, obviously also declaring the cost of the tickets to me in the first place.

Return to “Income Tax”