This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

To go self employed?

ComicSans
To go self employed?

Postby ComicSans » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:57 pm

hi,

I am in a situation where I have been unemployed for a number of years due to my own issues. Mostly down to severe lack of confidence, finding going to new places very difficult.

Now I am in a place where I am looking forward to starting a job. I have been offered work where I am able to work up to two days a week on the basis I am self employed.

I also have lots of art work I would like to start selling (made while I've been unemployed to fill my days)

So I am looking for advice, if going self employed is the best option:

*As I would like to sell my artwork for profit
*one day guaranteed work
*second day not guaranteed but possible to work with another local company.

I know this isn't ideal for most people but for me this sounds a great opportunity for me to continue to build on my issues.

Thanks

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: To go self employed?

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi

If you have started to trade then you have no option but to register and go self employed. You can be employed and self employed at the same time

I do wish you all the best with your new start in life.

Kind Regards

GTA

Return to “General”