This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax for Prev. Years

anusha.muthina
Tax for Prev. Years

Postby anusha.muthina » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi All,

Please suggest me the best option.
I had a limited company between Jul 2011 to 31 Dec 2012.
I have closed with an effective date of 31 Dec 2012 and also filed final company taxes also by changing the accounting period.
My company accounts also closed by 21 Mar 2013. Companies house kept the company alive until 13 Sep 2013.

Starting from 5 Apr 2013, I didn't have any income either through different employement or capital gains. I left UK and travelled to different country.
Now I am back to UK on May 2016 and realised that there is a tax penalty levied against my National Insurance number when my new ltd. company accountants checked it.
They levied a fine of £105.22, Please let me know how to go ahead and tell HMRC that I didn't have any income in the previous years and also how to pay fine so that it reflects in my national insurance number.

Regards
Anusha.

Return to “Income Tax”