This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Transfer of Residence from outwith the EU

tax-bill
Transfer of Residence from outwith the EU

Postby tax-bill » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:39 pm

A client has written to me :

"My wife and the kids may return to the UK in June 17 and I may not return until Jan/Feb 18.
My wife will take our dog with her and the pet relocators here have asked us to fill up a ToR releief form ToR01
This is so that under new laws we will not have to pay VAT on the cost of importing the dog and there will not be any delays importing her.
If we fill this in with my wife's details and National Insurance number, will this affect my tax status at all?
Is the tax man interested in my family being in the UK while I am earning overseas or only myself"

Has anyone come across this and are there any tax implications for the husband.

Tax-Bill.

Return to “International Tax”