This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

UK Ltd company working a contract in Dublin

Redp
UK Ltd company working a contract in Dublin

Postby Redp » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi I run a UK Ltd company based in Northern Ireland, I have been offered a contract to work for 6 months in Dublin through an agency (Dublin based) to a company based in Dublin. I intend working some days from home (after an initial bedding in period) possibly 3, and the rest in Dublin staying @ a hotel when in Dublin. What are the Tax/Paye considerations? The agency has asked me for a PPSN number which I don't have. The daily rate will be paid to my UK/NI registered company. I have assumed that I didn't' charge VAT for this role. Any advice appreicated

RMC

Re: UK Ltd company working a contract in Dublin

Postby RMC » Sun May 22, 2016 6:16 pm

If your company was offered a contract in Dublin but you can and intend to work on it in the UK, then normal UK tax etc. rules apply incl. those on VAT supplies of services, here apparently EU B2B supply.

Return to “International Tax”