This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

UK tax question

boon
UK tax question

Postby boon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:33 am

Hi,

What kind of taxes a company have to pay in the UK?

Lambs

Re: UK tax question

Postby Lambs » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:02 am

B,

Companies pay Corporation Tax on chargeable profits from trading or investment activities, and on the sale of most assets which result in a capital gain. There are special rules for loans to and from companies, for dividend income and for the disposal of significant/substantial shareholdings in other companies.

Companies pay payroll taxes - PAYE Income Tax and National Insurance (social security) when employing directors and other employees.

Companies have to account for Value Added Tax in the same way as any other business.

Those are the main taxes which most companies will have to consider. Depending on the nature of its activities, a company may have to pay others.

Hope this helps,

Lambs

boon

Postby boon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:08 am

Thanks Lambs!

I'm planning to relocate my company to another EU country and the UK is among the top choices.

My company's main profile is online education, so basically we sell online services. Currently we have 5 employees that we'll have to lay off here and hire new people once we set things up in the new country.

Lambs

Postby Lambs » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:50 pm

B,

May I ask, what is the nature of the education services? There are UK VAT issues around categories of education services and also the delivery of online services generally, particularly where cross-border. (Although they should be broadly similar to what you have encountered wherever you are now, if already in the EC). The Corporation Tax rate is generally favourable, as are the rules for dividend distributions to persons who are not resident in the UK. (The rules for UK residents are, arguably, pretty good as well).

Regards,

Lambs

boon

Postby boon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:04 pm

We provide language learning services. Our websites are subscription based, there is nothing to download or deliver. People can purchase subscription packages and learn and practice on the sites until their subscription expires. We currently offer this service in Russia, Spain and Germany. So with each of our language learning system we focus on a particular market.

Return to “General”