This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

VAT on football pitch hire

MBoon
VAT on football pitch hire

Postby MBoon » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Hello

Me and my friends have just started playing 5aside football once a week and hiring a local school's football pitch. We are paying VAT on this every week, and I just wondered whether we should be, since I (the person booking it) am not making any profit?

Any tips or suggests as to firstly whether I should be paying this at all? And if so, is there any way I can make myself eligble to be exempt from this?

I have looked extensively online but could not find much to help,

Many thanks

les35

Re: VAT on football pitch hire

Postby les35 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:26 pm

You need to know which part of the HMRC hay stack (website) to look for your needle!
Notice 742, chapter 5 explains the rules. Usually, exemption applies to a series of lets, so I would explore this possibility.
The link is here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... recreation

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”