This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

VAT on Revenue Share Business in Israel

nick.foard@hifi-ring

Postby nick.foard@hifi-ring » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:24 pm

A company in Israel wants me to supply them with a mobile software products that they will sell in Israel. They wish to work on a Revenue Share model where I invoice them for sales at the end of the month. As the products are sold in Israel do I pay any VAT at all either UK or otherwise?

Please help as I am getting alot of approaches from overseas. Thank you

paultaylor@vatease.c

Postby paultaylor@vatease.c » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:36 pm

The answer to your question will depend upon a number of factors, including whether the software is "bespoke" or "off the shelf" and whether it is delivered electronically or on some physical medium.

I would recommend that you have a short consultation with a VAT expert to be sure that you get the correct answer.

Regards
Paul Taylor
http://www.vatease.co.uk/
0121 778 4299

nick.foard@hifi-ring

Postby nick.foard@hifi-ring » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:01 pm

Can you recommend a VAT expert as my accountant knows or claims to know nothing. We are keen on trading overseas as we can work at a smaller margin than our competitors but I need to understand overseas VAT issues

Thanks

nick.foard@hifi-ring

Postby nick.foard@hifi-ring » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:06 pm

OK Just check out your website, it would appear that you are a man to talk to. Before I contact you professionaly the product is bespoke and is a real music ringtone that is created in the UK. It is delivered to Israel via FTP server upload i.e. not physical and is sold to the Israel customer electronically by an Israel telecoms company. Based on that information do we need to have a more detailed discussion outside this forum?

regards.

Nick Foard
Director
http://www.hifi-ringtones.co.uk

paultaylor@vatease.c

Postby paultaylor@vatease.c » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:48 am

Nick,

My apologies. I have been away from the office for a few days.

I would indeed recommend a short consultation. I will email you directly with more details.

It is also possible, dependant upon their local taxation laws, that you will need to seek advice on whether tax is due in Israel.

Regards

Paul Taylor
http;//www.vatease.co.uk/

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”