This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

VAT Payable by Israeli company

kevinkusman

Postby kevinkusman » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:56 pm

I am setting up a business in Israel to represent a UK company that specializes in land sale. The sale of UK land is made to Israeli customers. My income (Israeli company) will be from sales commissions, for which the Israeli company will invoice the UK Company. I am aware that the UK based firm does not pay VAT on land sales in the UK, but in this scenario the transaction between the UK and Israeli Companies is a commission or service based one.
Who is liable for VAT in this case and to which country?
Should the Israeli company invoice the UK Company including VAT? If so, VAT of which country?

Taxbar

Postby Taxbar » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:46 am

Dear Kevin,

As you are talking about an Israeli COmpany providing a service in Israel it is an issue of Israeli VAT.

You need advice from an Israeli Tax practitioner.

You do not say where you are Resident.

I can put you int touch with an Israeli colleague to assist you.

Daniel M Feingold
Barrister-at-law (NP)
Strategic Tax Planning
International & UK Tax Consultants
Treen House
72 Park Road,
Prestwich
Manchester M25 OFA
England. UK
E-mail: sedrate@easynet.co.uk

Return to “VAT & Excise Duties”