This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Washing machine

Emma85
Washing machine

Postby Emma85 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:16 pm

Hi,
I'm a mobile sports therapist & use towels for work. Can I put my washing machine through my books, if so is there a certain percentage I can put through? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

pawncob

Re: Washing machine

Postby pawncob » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:07 pm

The cost of laundering the towels is deductible. If you claimed capital allowances on the machine, it would have to have a restriction for private use, which only you can determine.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

bd6759

Re: Washing machine

Postby bd6759 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:35 pm

It costs on average 23p per cycle to use your washing machine, so the cost won't be very much. Are the towels used in the business, or are they simply used to dry you after a shower (which would not be business purpose).

Return to “General”