This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Where to pay tax

Gerusz
Where to pay tax

Postby Gerusz » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:50 pm

Hello guys,

I have lived in the uk for 4 years but recently left it. I am a journalist/photographer for international clients. I am now living in Spain, but my clients are from Hungary and France. I am Hungarian, if its important. I have registered my bussiness through hm revenue, as a sole trader. The reason for that is, i have my enligsh bank card, and the british laws help the bussiness. My bussines address is in Madrid ( as i have lived there recently ). I am going to hire a virtual office and get my companys address moved there in the uk. My question is, that am i doing it right? In spain the sole trader taxes are extremely high, and my bussiness could not afford it. Also the work i am doing is online work for a newspaper based in hungary. Please could i ask for advice in case im doing something wrong.

Thanl you very much.

bd6759

Re: Where to pay tax

Postby bd6759 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:40 pm

You could register your business anywhere you like, but you will need to pay your taxes in Spain where you live.

Return to “Business Tax”