This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

WILL HMRC reallocate payment made in error?

TheMrs
WILL HMRC reallocate payment made in error?

Postby TheMrs » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:11 pm

I appear to have mistakenly made a payment of £701 to my company's PAYE/NIC for the 2016/17 tax year to HMRC. When what I should have paid it to is the Form P11D is employer Class 1A NIC. The HMRC Dashboard was totally confusing and showed the amount due so I just pressed the "pay" button alongside and followed the instructions. Anyway thanks to another poster I now understand where I went wrong.

My question now is, will HMRC reallocate the payment to the correct place if my Accountant rings on Monday to explain? I'm not owe them anything on the PAYE/NIC front, and I can't afford to pay a 2nd payment of £701 and wait for it to be sorted, but the deadline is on 22 July. I also can't afford to leave the £701 payment in the PAYE/NIC account and wait for it to be used up from future bills as we only pay around £10 per year so it would take 70 years to use it all up :)

With thanks!

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”