This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

07/08 tax return... HELP required PLEASE

Bunny123
07/08 tax return... HELP required PLEASE

Postby Bunny123 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:29 pm

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could help me

I sent my 07/08 return into HMRC when it was due, they said I hadnt sent it in, I resent it and again they said it wasnt sent, they sent a tax debt officer to my home is 2009 and she took another return away with her, this has been on going for a decade, ive sent it 5 times. I send it in 2017 and finally they acknowledged receipt.

I only earned £4650 in 07-08 and around the same for 5 other returns which theyve accepted

I have today found out they have done a determination and said they want me to pay £3000 in tax for the year 07-08,

I do not know what to do as they advised me I dont have a right to appeal

ive send them all of the documents I have from the past decade, inc proof of tax person coming to my home and other docs with the dates I sent in the return

its the only return out of 10 that there is a problem with

is there anything I can do. I only earned £4650 that year and they have determined I need to pay £3000 in tax for that year, they have wiped the penalties as a good will gesture!

ANY help appreciated as im so upset by this,

I am no longer self employed and they are taking £100 a month form my wage until the £3000 is paid

Kindest regards

Return to “General”