This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

1062L m1 tax code

deanomc
1062L m1 tax code

Postby deanomc » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:47 am

I have had this tax code for the last few months. Can anyone explain why I would be given an emergency tax code? The only thing that has changed in my circumstances recently is that my wife has given birth and I had paternity leave for two weeks when my daughter was born. I am also getting Child care vouchers.

SteLacca

Re: 1062L m1 tax code

Postby SteLacca » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:56 am

It could be any one of a number of things. Do you have additional income? Do you owe HMRC money for a previous year? Do you have income from dividends of more than £5,000 per annum?

If you have registered for your Personal Tax Account you should be able to get a breakdown from that. Otherwise, you can call HMRC and request a P2 (Notice of coding) which will give you the breakdown.

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”