This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

56T CUMUL tax code?

Nzekells
56T CUMUL tax code?

Postby Nzekells » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:24 pm

Hello, please help with this.
I registered a company for a business idea in 2013, which is not active at the moment (and has not been since last year neither have I earned a dime from it in almost 2 years). In Sept 2017, I started work as an employee for the first time in 3.5 years, as a bank staff in the NHS. I get paid weekly, earning around £11.20 p/h. Even though I am registered as a Bank staff in a different trust, I have never worked there making this pretty much my only job.
However, I noticed I was given the tax code: '56T CUMUL'. On a week's taxable pay of £414.48 for instance, total deductions show as £159.30 (PAYE £80.80, NI A £36, NHS Pension 9.3% £42.50). My payslip shows non-taxable pay as '0.00'. Does it look right? Does the '56T' make any sense? Please help.

robbob

Re: 56T CUMUL tax code?

Postby robbob » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:48 am

That sounds wrong - best to ring hmrc and advise this is your only job with details of other income since 6/4/17 and they will correct your tax code to the correct one - its hard to be sure as there could be any numbers of reasons for any code issu d- also best to discuss what makes up your tax code to ensure there is nothing in there that needs removing - eg if potential income streams have been coded out.

Return to “Income Tax”