This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Am I liable for UK tax if using a UK bank account

Wildernesslover
Am I liable for UK tax if using a UK bank account

Postby Wildernesslover » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:10 am

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone on this forum can help me on where or if I should pay taxes.

I am non-resident for tax purposes in the UK (I left around 2009 and filled out a p85 form.)

Since then I have been freelancing as a sole trader in Australia and paid taxes there. I will be leaving Australia early next year and asking my clients to pay me through my UK bank account/PayPal account instead. I will not be tax resident in the UK as I spend less than 6 months there, do not have a home or any ties there (do not meet the automatic ties criteria). I travel from place to place. Obviously I will not have permanent establishment in the UK.

Does anyone know, would I be liable for UK taxes if the money comes into my UK bank account, even though I spend little time there and am non resident for tax purposes.

Thanks.

maths

Re: Am I liable for UK tax if using a UK bank account

Postby maths » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:57 pm

In short., no.

Return to “International Tax”