This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Any savings on tax for employing Autism Therapist

Good
Any savings on tax for employing Autism Therapist

Postby Good » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:09 am

Hi,
I just wanted to check if I can save any tax on 3 people that I employ (altogether working 38 hours a week for me).
I have a child with autism and these are therapist helping him.
I work as a consultant in the IT industry through a limited company. I pay the therapist via my income (salary and dividend).
The more hours they work for me the more tax I pay. Is there any relief for this type of service, which in my mind is medical.
I do not employ the therapist directly, I pay them their wages per moth depending on the exact number of hours they worked for me and they sort out their own taxes.

pawncob

Re: Any savings on tax for employing Autism Therapist

Postby pawncob » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:11 pm

No relief, it's personal expenditure. I hope you're PAYE registered as you're employing them.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “Income Tax”