This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

CGT when adding names to property deeds BTL

agandhi605
CGT when adding names to property deeds BTL

Postby agandhi605 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:01 pm

Dear all

We bought buy to let property in Year 2011. In the property deeds, Myself, my Mum & Dad (3 people).
In Year 2017, my sister’s name is added into property deeds (4 people).
Our intention is sell this property in the future.
My question is, when we complete the Tax Return for 2017-18, do we have to complete the CGT section? Or when we will sell property in the future?

maths

Re: CGT when adding names to property deeds BTL

Postby maths » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:40 pm

There appears to have been a disposal to sister by each of you. Each of you thus exposed to a CGT charge on the gains arising on the gifts.

Whether actual liability arises and whether or not it is necessary to report the disposals depends upon the numbers involved.

maths

Re: CGT when adding names to property deeds BTL

Postby maths » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:40 pm

There appears to have been a disposal to sister by each of you. Each of you thus exposed to a CGT charge on the gains arising on the gifts.

Whether actual liability arises and whether or not it is necessary to report the disposals depends upon the numbers involved.

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”