This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Charitable Donations..

tichbourn
Charitable Donations..

Postby tichbourn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:40 am

I wonder if someone can help me with this one...

When submitting Gift Aid claims to the HMRC, can you enter donations from one parent going back 4 years on the same submission or does it have to be a submission for each year?

bd6759

Re: Charitable Donations..

Postby bd6759 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:45 pm

What are you claiming?

tichbourn

Postby tichbourn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:43 pm

Weekly subs - its a kids club which is a registered charity. HMRC granted us charitable status and at the time we could go back 4 years, providing the parent had signed a Gift Aid Declaration. We now have a parent who has signed a form who has ticked the box for going back 4 years. I just wondered if I could put all their weekly subs on a single submission for the 4 year period or whether it had to be done each year separately.

bd6759

Postby bd6759 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Since there is a time limit for making claims, I'd guess that the claim has to be made for each year.

You should contact the charities helpline for advice.

Return to “Income Tax”