This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Claiming capital allowances

spenco
Claiming capital allowances

Postby spenco » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi i am currently employed but am due to be made redundant within the next couple of months, after which i intend to start a self employed business.

In this current tax year i have earned approximately 60k and paid the relative amount of tax for what i have earnt.

My question is if i go self employed will i be able to claim tax back on my start up costs ? I envisage these to be in the region of 15k and will be needed to perform my work , i believe but am not sure that i can offset these against future tax but really want know if i could be due a rebate from the previous years paye contributions

Any help is greatly appreciated

Nick

pawncob

Re: Claiming capital allowances

Postby pawncob » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:22 pm

Losses incurred in first year can be carried back against income of previous 3 years (inc capital allowances)
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “Income Tax”