This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Completing Trust and Estate Capital Gains (SA905)

MrStardust50
Completing Trust and Estate Capital Gains (SA905)

Postby MrStardust50 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:28 pm

I am the Executor for my late mother who died in June 2023, leaving a house.

Probate value for the house was £550,000 and the final sale value was £580,000. IHT was paid on that probate value. The District Valuer Services at Valuation Office Agency agreed with the probate value.

So CGT was due on the £30,000 gain less £6,000 agents/solicitor fees less £6,000 annual exempt, meaning 28% on £18,000. Total tax paid is £5,040 and a Capital Gains Tax on UK property Return was sent.

I am now completing the Trust and Estate Tax Return (SA900), along with Trust and Estate Capital Gains supplementary pages (SA905). With regard to Page TC1 of SA905 I need assist with the following :-

1) Column E - what do I enter for "Disposal proceeds"? The sale value or the gain?
2) Column G - which goes here?
3) Column H - which goes here? Gain less costs? Gain less costs less exempt?

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”