This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

DPNI or self-employed?

eriette
DPNI or self-employed?

Postby eriette » Fri May 26, 2017 12:32 pm

Hello
I am a foreign (EU) national living in the UK and I have an offer for a remote job in the IT sector for a USA based employer who has no presence in the UK. My contract stipulates that:
The position is described as a “full time” one, with no defined working hours and days though, alongside with the freedom to provide my services whenever and wherever I choose from, for a standard salary(verbatim) per year.
My employment with the Company will be “at will,” meaning that either me or the Company may terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause.
Furthermore, I intend in the near future to start getting side projects along with-what it seems as-my main stream of income too. My question is about which could be the correct structure of getting paid and be tax and NIC compliant. Could I possibly get into a sole-trader set-up or is there some other kind of scheme though which can I operate, such as DPNI scheme?Any advice will get really appreciated!

Return to “General”