This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Entertainment

Uther
Entertainment

Postby Uther » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:52 pm

I have searched online and can find no guidance on how to fill in IHT403 page 6 “Entertainment”.
What sub divisions would you recommend for this category ?
Pre-paid items like Sky / Netflix accounts, season tickets, club membership etc are not the problem.

I am thinking more of all the discretionary events which may well be paid in cash with no receipts kept. Examples are cinema, pub lunches, football match, theatre, dining out, bingo, quiz nights, theme park, social drinking etc etc. Is a guesstimate in order?

I accept that I am may be over thinking this, but I (and probably a lot of other people) would appreciate some guidance from those who know or those who have successfully completed this category in the past.

Lee Young

Re: Entertainment

Postby Lee Young » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:48 pm

In the absence of actual evidence then you can only put in an estimate.
Lee Young
Solicitor, Chartered Tax Adviser and Trust and Estate Practitioner

Partner, Frettens LLP
lyoung@frettens.co.uk
01202 491701

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”