This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Figuring out '‘Employee’s contributions due on all earnings above the PT’

rastro
Figuring out '‘Employee’s contributions due on all earnings above the PT’

Postby rastro » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:36 pm

I want to get a tax refund for tax year 2016/17.

While undergoing the online process at www.tax.service.gov.uk, it asks me 'How much National Insurance did you pay last year?'. Unfortunately, I lost my P60, where this information can be get from.

I have following information about my taxes:
YTD Taxable Pay: £14035.35
YTD Tax Paid: £ 2072.00
final tax code: 1100L

Is there a way to figure out my NI contribution based on these numbers? Or maybe some more pieces are needed here?

rastro

Re: Figuring out '‘Employee’s contributions due on all earnings above the PT’

Postby rastro » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:13 pm

Since it's an important matter for me, I will send £25 via a wire transfer as a bounty to anyone who provides me a correct value.

bd6759

Postby bd6759 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:08 pm

NI is calculated per pay period. It is impossible to calculate it from YTD figures.

JRG

Postby JRG » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:31 pm

Your employer produced your P60, so can't you just ask them for a copy, or the figures?

As bd6759 stated, NI is calculated per pay period, and will be shown on your payslips. If you still have your payslips just total your NI figures for the year.

Return to “Income Tax”