This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

filling in SA100, Question 8

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:15 am

filling in SA100, Question 8

Postby M6747445 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:17 am

Good morning, i need your help in filling in part of my main tax return (SA100).

I am a Greek who was living in London from 20th Sept 2003 until 10th March 2018.

On March 10th 2018 me and my husband rented out our flat and flew back to Greece. We are now in the process of filling in our tax returns for the rent that we get from our flat.

Since we were in UK for most of the tax year (from 6th April 2017 until 10th March 2018), so we were there for more than 183 days = UK residents, what should we put on box 8 of the tax return (the box regarding residence, remittance basis etc)?
Yes or No?
(long story short, do we need to fill in SA109, and if yes, why? since we are classified as UK residents for 2017-2018?)

Thank you

Posts: 7528
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: filling in SA100, Question 8

Postby maths » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:14 pm

As you were resident basically for the whole of 2017/18 you were liable to UK income tax on your earnings, rents etc for the whole of the tax year.

You therefore need to file a UK tax return but not the SA 109.

Return to “General”