This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

GoFoundMe Donations tax

definitelynotmorty
GoFoundMe Donations tax

Postby definitelynotmorty » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:22 am

Hello!
I'm from Romania but I have a friend in UK(also a romanian) with a national insurance number that's required to make an account on gofoundme.com
We plan to create an account and get donations for our grandparents in Romania.

Things go like this: people donate on the site-->He withdraws money into an account---> Then He sends me the money in a romanian account.

The website already withdraws the uk VAT from the donation amount. Is there anything else he'd have to pay? Is there anything else I should pay in Romania?

Thanks in advance!

RMC

Re: GoFoundMe Donations tax

Postby RMC » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:39 am

I'd avoid gofounme or similar. Send your money to your relations in Romania directly through a reputable outlet. There is no tax or VAT on gifts; same applies in Romania.

Return to “Income Tax”