This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Goodwill amortisation

Chanmuganathan
Goodwill amortisation

Postby Chanmuganathan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:27 am

Purchased goodwill amortisation has been disallowed in the tax computation for last 15 years. How do I correct this?
Thanks.

greybags1

Re: Goodwill amortisation

Postby greybags1 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:08 pm

re tax - get current year right. Amend and refile online previous year. Submit an overpayment relief claim for the next 3 previous years. Don't think you can go back beyond 4 years.

re accounts - I'm assuming you have a 'material' error so a prior year adjustment will be needed.

greybags1

Re: Goodwill amortisation

Postby greybags1 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:47 pm

re my previous reply - I'm assuming it's the right kind of GW that would allow a tax deduction for its amortisation. It may be 'old' goodwill hence the disallowance.

Return to “Company Taxation”