This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Goodwill on Incorporation

Yiannis17
Goodwill on Incorporation

Postby Yiannis17 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi

I have just taken on a client - minicab service, quite a large business of 4 offices. Client has incorporated about 16 months ago and looking at the accounts there is no goodwill in the accounts for the first year.

I propose to make an entry in this years accounts for a valuation of say 20k, even though I personally believe it will be more. Assets I will not transfer over as they would ave been written off.

Do I need to get HMRCs agreement on this valuation. I appreciate that the business will not be allowed to write off the goodwill and also not obtain ERs relief.

Is there anything else I am missing please?

Return to “Business Tax”