This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Hello very confused

Ben9323
Re: Hello very confused

Postby Ben9323 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Would it be easier to start in April at end of tax year than now or if I started now would I not have to do Corp tax return till next Jan?
Other than doing the cis stuff and Corp tax is there any other annual or monthly things I need to send to hmrc I'm trying to gather a list

GlobalTaxAdviser

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:10 pm

Doesn't matter when you start.

VAT is quarterly if applicable

Everything else apart from payroll/CIS is annual after the company year end

Ben9323

Postby Ben9323 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:06 am

But say I started In Feb or March or later say in June wouldn't the Corp tax have to be sent in January I ways thought tax stuff was done in January.
Or is it due on the same day you incorporated. Say is you started June 1st would June the 1st the next year when you work out all of the money made and stuff.
Also I know you have to send an annual person of importance thing to company house but that's no issue.

Other than that is it legal to use one of them virtual addresses that you buy online that forward post to your real adress as I won't be getting an office for a few months to a year and don't want my rented flat under my companies adress for obvious reasons. Is this OK to do if so what is a good trusted website to use for it.

GlobalTaxAdviser

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Corporation Tax will not be due until March 2020 if you started 1st June.

We can arrange an office address if you wish or just google. Where are you based ?

Ben9323

Postby Ben9323 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:50 pm

I'm based in Dartford. UK. I've looked into the registered adress services some are about 300 a year to do it and dirext all types of post hmrc companies house and bank letters and clients letters etc

GlobalTaxAdviser

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:53 pm

Yes thats the usual charge

Return to “Business Tax”