This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Help! company witholding tax

moulding
Help! company witholding tax

Postby moulding » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:32 pm

Hello,

I need help with a current situation i am in regarding an employing withholding my tax money.

I agreed at the start of the employment a year ago to a salary of around £33k which they company was to pay me £2200k a month and they will pay my tax bill every april as though i was self employed.

As i started in feb 2018 they only have to pay for 2 months tax this april and may not have to pay anything at all as i may have overpaid tax in 2017 as i stopped work from dec-feb 2018. I have recently asked them that technically i am still owed that money regardless if they have to pay it for tax or not and have also requested from april 2019 to be paid my GROSS amount and i will sort out my own tax. As i am being paid this way technically i only earned around £24k in 2018 and as i have a mortgage i have to prove what i earn every so often and this stops me from showing my real earnings which is damaging me.

When i asked to be paid my gross i was told they will "talk to their accountants" but im confused as surely i am entitled to all the money that has not been paid to me from Feb 18 to now which is circa £7000. I am starting to worry now as when my next tax bill is due in 2020 the amount will be around £15,000 and this is worrying me.

Can anyone help me if i am correct in saying that tax money is mine and i am entitled to ask for it?

moulding

Re: Help! company witholding tax

Postby moulding » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:49 am

please close

Return to “Income Tax”