This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Law of association

Mikeytez1005
Law of association

Postby Mikeytez1005 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi there!

I currently own a business building boats and I am looking to retire and completely close the company and claim 10% entrepreneurs tax relief.

Currently my son works for me and wants to start his own business in boat propellers and repairs etc when I retire.

I am having nothing to do with this company he wants to start but we are worried that the "law of association" will come into play and I won't be eligible for my 10% tax relief because he is starting a business in the marine sector.....

Are we right to worry or is this completely free of being accused of tax avoidance on my behalf and then end up paying the full tax on the money in my company.

I appreciate all the help.

pawncob

Re: Law of association

Postby pawncob » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:40 pm

What is this law of association?

If you have no connection with the new business, why would it affect you?
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “General”