This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Limited company HMRC account submission - directors loan and mileage expense

paulacton
Limited company HMRC account submission - directors loan and mileage expense

Postby paulacton » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Good afternoon,

Where to record Directors loan and Mileage claim on company accounts submission to hmrc

It's great to have a forum for tax help!
I have a limited company which is set up but with very little activity, just expenses as it's a new venture.

As the company runs at a loss and is done on the side of day job and will be for some time, I am filling in the company accounts online myself without an accountant. All is well with the exception of where to input 1) Directors loans 2) Mileage claim

Where do I deduct these from? and in what section do I add the information.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

bd6759

Re: Limited company HMRC account submission - directors loan and mileage expense

Postby bd6759 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:38 am

You need an accountant.

Motor expenses would be Dr motor expenses (P&L account), CR Director's loan (balance sheet).

Any money you have loaned the company would be DR bank, CR director's loan. (balance sheet).

The entries in the CT return come from your P&L and Balance sheet. You cannot use the CT return to create a P&L account.

Return to “Company Taxation”